The Oceanic Veo 2.0 is an an ideal first dive computer that supports nitrox diving using up to 50% oxygen that provides full decompression details, dual algorithm for flexible diving and optional PC interface.
There are three major benefits of choosing the Veo 2.0 over similar models
- Dual Algorithm,
- Dive computer firmware updates
- Lifetime warranty
A powerful recreational dive computer featuring Oceanic's Dual Algorithm technology, optional PC/Mac interface, backlight and easy to read LCD display. The Veo 2 is also available in a console mounted version.
A great every day dive computer that offers a long list of features, customisable dive alarms and settings for the serious recreational diver that wants a reliable, high performance but cost effective computer.
The Veo 2 is fitted is fitted with a large LCD segment that displays the critical dice information across three clearly definable sections of the screen with ascent rate and nitrogen loading bar graphs to either side of the screen for quick glance reading. The LCD screen also gains the SmartGlo backlight that measures the current ambient light level upon activation to determine whether to enable the backlight or not and help preserve battery life.
Three separate operation modes allow the unit to be switched for different purposes. The NORM The GAUGE mode will track dive time, current and maximum depth but will not record or calculate any decompression obligations incurred during a dive. The FREE mode is for activities such as free diving or snorkelling and tracks nitrogen calculations which means that the Veo 2 can be safely switched between NORM and FREE modes.
All Oceanic computers, including the Veo 2, include Oceanic's Dual Algorithm technology which provides you with the flexibility of selecting between two different decompression algorithms that have been optimised for either one off diving or repetitive diving. Oceanic's Pelagic Z+ algorithm safely maximises the dive time at the deepest point of the dive without penalising the diver compared to other computer brands. Oceanic's Pelagic DSAT algorithm was developed for repetitive, multi-level diving such as the dive carried out on a live-aboard diving holiday.
The Veo 2 Dive Computer can be connected to a PC or Mac using an optional interface cable and software that not only allows dive profile information to be transferred from the dive computer for printing and analysis but the interface also allows the latest firmware updates to be uploaded to the dive computer. These updates can include performance tweaks, menu improvement or new features without the need to return the unit to an authorised dive centre or even the regional distributor.
The Oceanic Veo 2 Dive Computer is covered by Oceanic's Lifetime warranty that will guarantee the computer and original owner against manufacturing defects and faults for the entire life of the unit. To receive this warranty the dive computer must be registered with Oceanic and be annually serviced at any authorised dealer to maintain the warranty. Oceanic provide the service centre with a free battery service kit so you’ll only need to pay for the kit to be fitted. For more information regarding the warranty programme please visit the Lifetime Warranty page.
- Powered by Oceanic's Dual Algorithm Three Operating Modes: NORM (Air and Nitrox), GAUGE (with run timer) and FREE (tracks calculations to allow switching between NORM and Free)
- Two Operating Buttons allow “Step Forward” and “Fast Scroll” Interface for streamlined access and setting of personal options Air or single Nitrox mix to 50% O2 Audible Alarm with flashing LED light and User Acknowledgement
- Optional Deep Stop with Countdown Timer
- SmartGlo Backlighting senses ambient light, enabling the backlight only in low light conditions, conserving battery life
- Single button access to "Last Dive" display (max depth & bottom time)
- 24 dive on-unit log book
- History Mode includes total number of dives, max depth, total dive hours, and lowest temp
- Optional PC Interface with PC/Mac Download and Settings
- Upload Firmware Auto-Update: download and install the latest firmware – these may be operational improvements or even new features
Oceanic VEO 2
Veo 2.0 Wrist Metric