The Apeks XTX40 takes all that is good from its predecessor and offers even more with stunning looks and practical improvements. The 2nd stage has a larger purge button which is easier for diver use and also offers a dual flow rate purge for different operations.
In addition the 2nd stage is now manufactured with active protection against infection as all moulded parts are made with an additive that kills MRSA, protects against E-Coli, bacteria and fungi and is also very effective against viruses, mould, yeast and algae.
The XTX40 regulator can be converted from a right handed hose configuration (as supplied from the APEKS factory) to a left handed one. This feature is known as the Reversible Venturi System (RVS).
The XTX40 regulator incorporates the Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE). It offers divers the ability to change from the small exhaust tee (supplied as standard) to a larger exhaust tee. This gives a choice of the wider exhaust tee for minimal bubble interference (ideal for underwater photography) and the narrow exhaust tee for a smaller, more compact regulator (also ideal for use as an octopus).
The new ergonomic Venturi lever of the XTX40 has been designed to reduce the amount of grit ingress.
Features 1st Stage
- Use the DST first stage.
- Unique over-balanced, diaphragm design - as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a rate faster than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- 2 HP ports and 4 MP ports on a rotating turret are angled for optimum hose routing.
- An environmental dry system keeps water out of the main spring chamber thus preventing ice buildup and keeping silt and contamination out.
Features 2nd Stage
- Pneumatically-balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing.
- The XTX purge buttons are large and easy to operate. A 2-stage progressive purge is used - press the purge on the side for a lower flow rate, useful where more control is required such as filling lift bags etc, then press in the centre for the full effect of the purge, i.e. when regulator clearing etc.
- The large venturi lever has a soft touch rubber grip, which makes it easier to locate and use. The lever reduces the amount of grit ingress and therefore resists any possible friction giving a smooth operation.