The Apeks XTX Tungsten is based upon the XTX200 platform but with the additional feature of being protected with a hard, durable PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) finish. This finish is extremely tough and better than traditional chrome plating. The coating is made of high quality grades of Titanium, Zirconium and Chromium. This protects the regulator from normal diving wear and tear.
Features 1st Stage
- FSR first stage
- Unique over-balanced, diaphragm design - as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a rate faster than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- 2 HP ports and 4 MP ports are angled for optimum hose routing.
- An environmental dry system keeps water out of the main spring chamber thus preventing ice buildup and keeping silt and contamination out.
Features 2nd Stage
- Pneumatically-balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing.
- The XTX purge buttons are large and easy to operate. A 2-stage progressive purge is used - press the purge on the side for a lower flow rate, useful where more control is required such as filling lift bags etc, then press in the centre for the full effect of the purge, i.e. when regulator clearing etc.
- The large venturi lever has a soft touch rubber grip, which makes it easier to locate and use. The lever reduces the amount of grit ingress and therefore resists any possible friction giving a smooth operation.
- Easy-to-grip opening effort control knob keeps the diver in control.
- The second stage is manufactured with active protection against infection as all moulded parts are produced with an additive that kills MRSA, protects against E-Coli, bacteria and fungi, and is also very effective against viruses, mold, yeast and algae.
- A silicone exhaust valve improves the breathing performance of the regulator.
- The Comfo-bite™ mouthpiece virtually eliminates jaw-fatigue.
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.
- Innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust (DCE) System allowing the diver to change from a large exhaust tee to a smaller exhaust tee. The larger exhaust tee provides the best exhaust bubble dispersion while the smaller tee is lighter weight and compact, both are included with the regulator.
- Right or left handed hose configuration.
- Ergonomic venturi lever of the XTX range has been designed to reduce the amount of grit ingress
- Silicone exhaust valve used on the XTX demand regulator range improves the breathing performance of the regulator.
- Compatible with EAN40 new, out of the box
Apeks XTX Tungsten FSR
XTX Tungsten FSR