The Apeks ATX is a great mid-range regulator to offer an entry-level alternative to the Apeks XTX family. This excellent regulator offers a fully balanced first and second stage with cold-water capability.
This high-performance regulator boasts an over-balanced first stage coupled with a pneumatically balanced second stage.
Suitable for cold-water use thanks to its first stage environmental dry seal and second stage heat exchanger.
The Comfo-bite™ mouthpiece, with its patented bridge virtually eliminates jaw-fatigue
Features First Stage:
- Unique over-balanced, diaphragm design - as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a rate faster than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- 1 high pressure port and 4 medium pressure ports are available
- An environmental dry system keeps water out of the main spring chamber thus preventing ice buildup and keeping silt and contamination out
Features Second Stage:
- Pneumatically-balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing.
- The large purge button on the ATX is easy to operate even with thick gloves.
- The integrated venturi control provides a performance boost at depth while preventing unwanted free-flow at the surface.
- An extremely efficient exhaust valve improves the breathing performance of the regulator.
- The Comfo-bite™ mouthpiece virtually eliminates jaw-fatigue.
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water
- Offers a compact, integrated exhaust tee.